Saturday, November 14, 2009

Beautiful People

Someone sent this link at work:

http://www.heraldsun.com.au/lifestyle/the-other-side/britons-among-the-ugliest-people/story-e6frfhk6-1225796834045

"Britons are among the ugliest people in the world, according to a dating website that says it only allows "beautiful people" to join.

Fewer than one in eight British men and just three in 20 women who have applied to BeautifulPeople.com have been accepted, an emailed statement from the website showed.

Swedish men have proved the most successful, with 65 percent being accepted, while Norwegian women are considered the most beautiful with 76 percent accepted, the website said.

"I would say Britain is stumbling because they don't spend as much time polishing up their appearance and they are letting themselves down on physical fitness," Beautiful People managing director Greg Hodge said. "Next to Brazilian and Scandinavian beauties, British people just aren't as toned or glamorous."

Only the male Russian and Polish applicants fared worse than British men, although Russian women had a 44 percent acceptance rate. Polish women did not appear in the table."

*******

I thought it was funny, but not because "British people are ugly" (as my boss once told me and she is British) but because I wonder who the people that go to these sort of websites are. I understand that Swedish people will always be at the top - they are all tall, blond and beautiful (although not really my type of beauty, I can't deny they are good looking), all model-looking people. But I wonder if there are more exotic looking people on this website. I mean, I would be tired of looking at people that look all the same.

Anyway, we all had a laugh at work and wondered if we - our 'beautiful team' would pass the website's "beauty control. But we are just too busy to give it a try. :-)

By the way, although I like the obvious kind of beauty - those people that you don't dare say it's not beautiful - the weirdos have also a place in my heart. When I was 12-ish I used to have a big crush on Robert Smith from The Cure. :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Uuuuh, so you decided to comment, huh? Well done!